As the winter season has arrived in our province and road safety becomes paramount, here are some key vehicle maintenance tips to ensure your safe travels :
- Have your vehicle inspected by a certified professional to ensure all major components of your vehicle are in good working order
- Inspect your tires and ensure they are inflated to manufacturers specifications and perhaps look at purchasing a set of winter tires as some insurance companies will offer a discount for having them installed on your vehicle. See Winter Tires Buying Guide.
- Ensure that all your vehicle fluids have been topped up and use winter rated windshield wiper fluid
- Have emergency items such as booster cables, emergency kit, blankets, snacks, flashlight and shovel in your vehicle
- Inspect your windshield wiper blades and look at purchasing winter wiper blades
- Look at purchasing an emergency roadside assistance plan
Once you have had your vehicle prepared for the season, you can rest assured knowing that your vehicle will provide you with safety and reliability.
Safe travels out there!
Related Article: How to Protect your Home While Away this Winter
About Insurance Hero
InsuranceHero.ca is an innovative online insurance brokerage offering a wide spectrum of solutions including Ontario car insurance, home insurance and business insurance. We have partnerships with the leading insurance companies in Canada allowing us to find you the right coverage at the best price. Being an online brokerage, we proudly serve all regions in Ontario. Gone are the days where you need to drive to your local insurance office to buy insurance or obtain advice. Our dedicated team of insurance advisors will help you shop, switch and SAVE on insurance, online or over the phone – while you relax at your home or office. Contact us today!