What a joy! The summer has arrived and its time to fill the trunk of the car for a family adventure! Here are some useful tips that could help you avoid wasting time and money during this period of much-deserved rest.
- Get a mechanical inspection on your car. A professional will be able to ensure that the cooling system, tire pressure, brakes, and electrical systems are properly adjusted.
- If you are renting a car, contact your broker to see if your insurance policy covers physical damage (collision and comprehensive) to the rental. If it does not, ask to have OPCF 27 “Legal Liability for Damage to Non-Owned Automobile” added to your policy.
- During your trip, whenever you stop, do not tempt thieves. Lock your doors, close your windows, hide valuables and place your luggage in the trunk of the car.
- Contact your broker to review your policy to make sure that you are properly covered and that you have adequate liability limits.
- Check your license and liability card, to make sure they are in good standing for the duration of the trip. If the police stop you, or if you are involved in an accident, you’ll need those documents.
If in doubt, do not hesitate to contact your broker who can advise you on the best practices in loss prevention.
Have a great summer vacation!