Covers the losses and claims arising from lawsuits, property damages, and theft
How Does Office Insurance Protect Your Business?
As a business, your office is important to the daily operations of your company. A dedicated office space allows employees to work, provides an area for your products and services, and makes your business appear more professional to your customers.
When you own a business, no matter how big or small your company is, damages and losses to your office space can be devastating and very costly. Not only do you lose income during the repair and replacement process, but it also costs a lot of money to deal with all the damages and lawsuits incurred.
That’s why office insurance is extremely important for business owners. It covers the losses and claims arising from lawsuits, property damages, and theft.
Why shop for office insurance with Insurance Hero?
We are fast and efficient. Let us do all the work, so you can sit back and relax!
Bundle up and save! Let us conduct a portfolio review to maximize your savings without minimizing coverage.
We’re recognized as a leader in the online insurance space. We never stop innovating!
Have questions? We have the answers! Call, chat, email, facebook – our friendly staff is at your service.
Get a quote at anytime from anywhere. We’re always open for business!
We’ll rescue you if you have a claim at any time of day…or night!
Safe & Secure
Rest assured knowing your information is protected at all times!
Is your insurance keeping up with your life? At InsuranceHero.ca we make sure you are properly covered and getting the best value year after year!
What Does Office Insurance Cover?
There are three main office insurance coverages commonly are included in most office insurance policies:
- Commercial general liability coverage – includes personal injury, such as false arrest and wrongful entry, medical payments, tenant’s legal liability, employer’s liability coverage, and non-owned auto coverage.
- Office contents insurance coverage – includes coverage for equipment, tools, and tenant improvements. You can have this type of coverage on an all risks basis for direct physical losses or damages. You can also add insurance coverage for floods and earthquakes generally at an additional cost.
- Business interruption coverage – includes coverage for a move or loss of income when a business is forced to close because of an insured loss such as a natural disaster.
Office insurance also commonly includes:
- Appliance coverage – includes office appliances, such as air conditioners and heaters.
- Sewage backup – includes the cost of cleanup.
- Third-party liability – includes protection against legal actions when a visitor is injured on your premises.
- Crime coverage – includes expenses from employee dishonesty, depositors forgery, robberies, and other illegal actions.
What You Should Know About Office Insurance
If you operate out of a home office, your home insurance policy likely won’t provide insurance coverage for that space.
If you lease your office space, having professional office insurance is mandatory to protect your office contents and against liability and crimes. This is because commercial landlords don’t want any legal responsibilities for any losses or damages that may arise during your tenancy.
The Canadian government may also require you to have office insurance depending on the type of business you operate. Otherwise, office insurance isn’t always required. With that said, you should always have adequate protection against unforeseeable events.
The cost of office insurance varies greatly depending on the coverage you choose. Factors such as office location, industry, and claims history can also determine the cost of your insurance premiums.
Need an Insurance Quote for Your Office?
Regardless of what type of business you have, office insurance is important if you have an office. Not only does it protect your business from damages and lost income, but it also protects you against lawsuits and claims filed by third parties.
Need office insurance? Get your quote online here, or call 1 (855) 777 4376 today.