Home Insurance in Ottawa
Purchasing a home is one of the largest financial investments that you can make in your lifetime. Making sure you protect that investment against unforeseeable damages or destruction makes sense. Sometimes finding the right coverage for your needs can seem daunting. Insurance Hero is here to help take the work out of finding home insurance in Ottawa by bringing the quotes straight to you.
There is no standardization for home insurance in Ottawa and the province of Ontario, so shopping around for home insurance is important as coverage and price for pre-packaged and custom policies can vary from company to company. Our experienced team of agents can help identify your specific needs to provide you with the best insurance packages or help customize one to fit your unique coverage needs. We work with several of Canada’s leading insurance companies, and our agents can help you understand the various policies and rates.
Your home is not the only thing that your home insurance can cover. You can find policies that may include:
- Coverage for your home in the event of damage or loss from fire, flooding, and other unforeseen natural disasters
- Protection for detached structures on your property, such as carports and sheds
- Coverage for personal property including furniture, electronics, clothing, and more so in the event of loss or damage you can avoid having to pay out-of-pocket to replace them
- Living expenses for temporary housing in the event your home requires repairs or reconstruction following a claim and you cannot live there
- Liability coverage for any damages to neighbouring properties and/or for any injuries they sustain
The insurance you need can vary depending on the property you are looking to insure. Condos, cottages and seasonal homes will have different insurance needs than a traditional detached family home. Our agents can help you find the best price without compromising coverage for your property and belongings, no matter your unique coverage needs.