What Does Auto Insurance Cover?
Speak with a broker at Insurance Hero to discuss the best level of car insurance coverage you need. We will outline what your policy will cover and provide you with a quote appropriate to the coverage. There are a number of factors that contribute to the insurance rate such as the type of coverage, drivers’ history, age, driving frequency and distance, deductible preference, as well as the make and model of the vehicle.
In Ontario, the law requires drivers to have a certain amount of coverage, otherwise . This includes:
- Third-party liability: There needs to be a minimum of a $200,000 coverage, while most drivers opt for at least $1 million. This covers property damage or bodily injuries or death of other drivers.
- Basic accident benefits: In case of injury or death, you will be covered no matter who causes the accident. You will be covered for medical and rehabilitation expenses, loss of income and more.
You can also add-on other coverage to the mandatory policy. However, even optional benefits are not required by law, you may want to purchase them, or may be required to do so if you are leasing or financing a car. These include, but are not limited to:
- Comprehensive coverage for damage or loss due to theft, vandalism, explosions, falling objects, floods, lightning and more.
- Accident Forgiveness
- Rental Vehicle Coverage
- Roadside Assistance
- Disappearing Deductible Feature
- Replacement Cost Coverage
Contact a HERO to find the best coverage for auto insurance in Ontario, or ask for more information about what is included in your policy.